- Spaceship Wreck Yard - its one of the popular themes for the environment concept and I wanted to create one of my own. I wanted it to be epic, beautiful and dangerous.
- Reference - I have spent few hours looking for inspirations, most of the wreck yards are dark and gloomy and not well defined. I wanted to create something opposite with nature, sun and lot of metal. I was strongly inspired by Uncharted series at that time.
- Sketches - soon I decided to make a vista piece, base my composition on few curves and layers of land and water. I sketched few ideas but eventually found the one I liked.
- Definition and colors - I used a few textures here and there, wanted to define as much as I can and create a coherent shape language,
- Detailing - I used a lot of custom brushes and a few more textures, I spent a lot of time defining everything, creating few color accents in important areas,
- Last touch - It's very important to be patient and develop it still even at the end. I had a lot of good feedback from my colleagues it helped a lot. I defined mountains more, made few areas less defined, made few areas less saturated and worked on color palette. Also I added a few bridges indicating human presence. At some point I just decided to stop.
It took a while but it was fun, I do liked detailing part a lot and I was glad with the finished piece. Hope you liked this step by step. More to come soon. Cheers!